Digipak Draft 2
Here is the second draft of our digipak:
- Centred the text on the spine.
- The masthead has been developed to a different font as well as being moved around with different sizes and letter spacing.
- The text on the back cover has been re-positioned so it doesn’t cover the star.
- The inside right panel has changed completely, where we’ve used the image of the stone and played around in photoshop to create a cool and quirky image.
We then took this second draft to our peers and had them take a look at it and evaluate what works well and what could do with improving.
- The images suit the genre well, the dark done of the effect applied to it also creates the dark emotional feel to it.
- The colours compliment each other.
- The positioning of the model is great.
- The image of the back cover looks a bit stretched.
- The text at the bottom of the text is a bit stretched.
- The fonts are chosen well and suit the digipak.
- Colours compliment each other.
- The use of photoshop effects are done really well on the inside right panel.
- Possibly more colour correction on the back cover.
- The colour of the text on the back for the tracks should be changed to white to match the colour scheme of the front cover.
- The colour of the sky and clouds on the inside right panel are done well.
- The drop shadow done on the masthead looks really good.
- Good colour palette choice.
- The artist name could be at the top of the front cover while the album name is at the bottom.
- Choose a different image to be on the left of the broken rock in the image in the left inside panel as it is too similar to the front cover.
To conclude I thought having this task of our peers analysing our digipaks was really useful as we could get another few opinions on what could make our digipak even better.