Above is the peer feedback of my tour poster. I have answered the questions relating to the end product of my poster. I thought this task has really helped me to understand what I need to do in the future when creating something like this. This task made me take into account everything that I used when creating my poster for example the text I used and the positioning of my model.
This is my tour poster, click on image to view in full.
Below is a task in which we took an original front cover of a music magic magazine and copied it as best as we could using InDesign.
My copy click on image to view
This was my first time using Indesign. At first I really struggled using the app but by watching the following videos I really felt more comfortable navigating around it.
Before I found my way round InDesign I learnt to use Photoshop which was a really resourceful tool when cutting my photo of Sam Smith out. Here is the tutorial that I used when learning how to use the app.
3 strengths of my final copy were:
The colours in my copy matched the original copy.
The image in my copy looks very similar to the man in the original.
The main cover line was very similar in my copy to the original.
3 weaknesses of my final copy were:
The image does not fill the whole page like the picture in the original.
The NME font is not a big enough size.
The plug in my copy is not big enough to match the original.
What this task has taught me is how I must look in more detail when doing a task like this, and to not rush it. This exercise has most definitely benefited my knowledge of the app, InDesign and Photoshop, which will benefit my future use of these apps.
Here shows an NME magazine cover which we re-created with a post-it note mock up. This work has furthered my knowledge on key magazine cover terms, I also believe this task will help me a lot when it comes to creating my own magazine cover.
As you can see above this is my moodboard that is made up of the photos we were able to take around the school. I have also included key photography terms for the distance of the shot, the angle and what the photo is trying to convey. As you can see I tried to create a large range of different kinds of shots, such as, a long shot, close up, extreme close up, low angle and high angle. A shot that I believe was most successful was the canted angle photo, this created a sense of recklessness and fear. It was great fun being able to experiment all different types of photos, and to see what they portray.
As you can see, below is my contact sheet. We experimented with framing, focus, high-key and low-key lighting, as well as different camera angles such as canted, high angles, and low angles. During this task we got to enforce what we have learnt about what gives a photo meaning.
I have created a mood board to illustrate Punk genre, which is what I was allocated to dress up as. I thoroughly enjoyed dressing up, as it gave me an excuse to create a whole new image. I believe when becoming a part of the punk world there are certain accessories that are a essential when creating this image. These are shown in the collage above, a leather jacket, black boots, black skinny jeans and usually a t-shirt or shirt with extravagant colours or hurtful words.
This is a picture of me after dressing up in class. I have stuck to the key accessories which are the leather jacket, black jeans, army boots and an extravagant shirt. I believe I have portrayed the image of being a punk artist quite well. An important factor of conveying this punk image is the actual facial expressions and posture you take. A last minute change was to add the hat, this is to increase the overall look of being an artist, this is because nowadays this dress sense can be seen as indie and cool.