Me and Matthieu created a storyboard with the sheet above. This was the first step before creating this montage. I found this task really helpful because it gained us an idea of what we wanted to create when it comes to us filming it. I thoroughly enjoyed doing task, although I’m not very good at drawing, I could elaborate my understanding of film production and directing it. I focused on creating a sense of chaos throughout the day that I am creating with fast cutting speeds. I also believe incorporating a variety of camera techniques and angles is very important, and I don’t feel that I took advantage of this in my last task.
This is the final video of the montage I made on a day in the life of a student. Making the storyboard really aided me in creating a strong structure of the video I wish to make. This task helped me learn to: frame a shot well, use a tripod at different heights and angles, and to also shoot from different angles and distances.
- Having fast cutting speeds to evoke a sense of chaos.
- Having steady and well framed shots.
- Having a variety of shots.
Things I need to Improve:
- To make sure my shots are focused as some came out blurry.
- To take a larger variety of shots.
- To have a better understanding of effecting sound on the video.
This task taught me how to edit clips at a much faster speed. I also learnt more on Premiere Pro, this included the colour balance.