Creative Critical Reflection 3
How do your products engage with the audience and how would they be distributed as real media products?
These were the questions to consider.
- Who are your target audience?
- What are their ideologies? (demographics, psychographics, audience segmentation eg tribe wired etc)
- What is your brand identity / missions statement? (genre, star image)
- How does the design / content of your three products fulfil your audience’s uses and gratification (Blumler and Katz but you don’t need to reference them directly – just use the terms)?
- How do the products speak to the audience and try to create a relationship with them? (AIDA, B + K, genre, star image, Hall)
Distribution and Marketing
- Which record label would suit your star / brand?
- What marketing strategies would you use to create buzz around your album launch?
- How would you reach your target audience?
- How are you likely to make your star / album profitable?
For these questions, we decided to go an extra mile and create a vlog, with my team mate Matthieu pretending to be of the band members while I’ll was pretending to be the manager. We discussed our audiences, their needs, how our work will conform to their needs and how our work would be distribute. The video is below.