Following the feedback we have received, we have implemented some changes:
- Shots during the flashback have now vignettes on the edge and are more bluish
- We added blood on Nic’s (one of the prisoners) torso when his body is laying on the ground
- We cut down on footage, the video is now on line with the audio
- Added some jump cuts
- Edit is in line with the audio. The second chorus is much more fast paced and follows the beat
- Added some match on action, like when the third prisoner is kicked down to the ground it zooms in
- Added some CUs of the main star
As we cut down on footage and made the editing in line with the second chorus, we found we’re missing 3 shots, which are noted in the video. We’ll film these by the time of the final draft.
We showed the newest clip to multiple people and have received some verbal and some screencatify feedback.
The feedback we got from them and others range from:
- Even more CUs of Luca
- Some could not recognize that this is an achronological narrative, due to the flashbacks. Thus they could not understand that why the difference in colour between scenes.
- Get some of the jump cuts to be in line with the beat.
With this in mind, we have some targets.
- Make the flashbacks even more obvious. We’re thinking of turning the flashbacks to black and white, or add a title saying “Earlier that Day”, one of those to make it make more obvious.
- We think we can insert just one more CU of Luca around the beginning.
- We also had a sudden idea of implementing ghostly images of the first two prisoners during POV shots when Luca is staring at Matthieu at the firing range. This is suppose to represent him remembering about his actions earlier on, resulting him not shooting Matthieu.