I would have to say that in the process of making this music video, my main challenges and difficulties lie within the editing. I have had a fair amount of experience when it comes to the software Premiere Pro but I have had to advance these skills in order to achieve my intended effects. The actual process of cutting footage and putting it all together was not a difficulty however adding the effects was. My peer Haygan is very skilled at this area so I fell into a trap of just letting him play around with it all. I finally decided that it was fair on my group to let him do the majority of the special effects editing and therefore started doing some research on how to colour correct properly.
During our dream sequence, we need to allow for the audience to see that the main character is not in the real world. If we were to film this footage and put no effect on it, it would become very confusing for the audience as there was no visual difference apart from the change of location. I managed to find some helpful videos which taught me how to play around with the contrast, saturation, brightness and I could even play around wih RBG which I used to create a colder and more sinister look. My intended effect was to create a bright and harsh looking light, considering the backdrops were white, this would seem very intense of camera. With the help of a few tutorials I was able to access Lumetri Colour and started having a lot of fun with it. Using Lumetri colour helped affect the look of the star image, establish the change of atmosphere and mood and it helped convey the representation of the character. For exaple when I used the RBG panel to make the shot seem colder, this allowed for the audience to see that the tone had shifted into something far more negative and conveyed the main character’s struggle and sad emotions that she wasn’t able to display through her everyday life. I did make a few mistakes which my peers pulled me up on but in the ens, I was proud of what I had done. Obviously it still needs a bit of work but we are almost there!