Preliminary Continuity Task
My preliminary task has used the following camera techniques such as…
- close up of the sweater in the bag and of the man unwrapping it,
- a long shot of the woman walking down the corridor with the sweater, I also used this when the woman storms out with the jumper,
- I mainly used medium shots of the conversations,
- I used one two shot when the woman says ‘Present face!’ to help connect with the characters,
- I also used over the shoulder shots of the conversation.
I used techniques such as…
- quick cuts when editing to create a sense of urgency and frustration
- I also used 180 degree rule to not confuse the audience and to give a sense of space.
- match on action helped the piece to flow.
I have learnt to use the following continuity editing rules like…
- 180 degree rule,
- match on action
- and shot reverse shot.
I used these rules to make sure my piece flows and runs well without unmotivated cuts.
I have learnt to use in Premiere Pro…
- the razor blade tool, to split my clip,
- I used the audio and video tool,
- I also learnt how to used the Mark In (I) and Mark Out (O) tool.
I used these tools to…
- make it easier to insert other footage and so it all flows well,
- so I could drag either the audio or video onto the editing strip,
- so I could cut the clip down to the footage I needed.
If I was to do this project again I would do some things differently…
- I would make sure I have enough shots so it makes it easier when editing,
- I would try and get more match on actions,
- I would get more of a variety of shots, such as extreme close up, medium long shot etc…