Web Page Conventions
Here’s our Screencastify on Sigala’s Official webpage.
We all analysed the website and replied to the questions;
- What are the conventional pages & typical information on a music/band website?
- Can the user find what they need/expect?
- How many clicks away from the home or splash page is the information and content?
- What is the call to action and how is that promoted on the site?s
- What tools/experiences does the site offer?
- How does the design of the site reflect the brand image?
- How does the digipack and video design reflect in the website?
- Does the design and layout of the website suit the target audience?
- Is the design consistent across the pages?
Blumler and Katz explore how to entertain and inform there target audience in there media conventions, they include conventions such as the uses and gratifications theory, this allows people to understand why and how people actively seek out specific media to satisfy specific needs, it is an audience centred approach to understanding mass communication. The Attention, Interest, Desire and Action are essential for any kind of print media.