The design skills and production techniques I have learnt throughout the planning, production and post-production of our music video are:
- The planning and organisation skills used when directing the shoot,
- The use of cinematography techniques (including framing and angles) when filming,
- The use of technical design skills in Premiere Pro when editing our video.
Some new techniques I have learnt during the process of creating our music video:
- Ensuring the continuity within our music video adds up,
- To ensure you collect enough footage for our performance and narrative,
- Always remember to get as many close up’s as possible,
- I have learnt to edit to the rhythm to make the video more aesthetically pleasing for our audience to watch.
These skills will help me in my development in the production and post-production areas as we continue to film and edit our music video, here we have razor bladed many clips together, flashing between narrative and performance, also to increase the pace of the edit. These are the same as the rest of my group, as we all participated evenly and shared roles in which we all have individual aspects we need to improve on but overall we have the same targets.
Here we edited to the beat and changed the shot every time she sang ‘live it up’ to show our varieties of shots and to make our video more aesthetically pleasing for our audience we did this by looking at the height of the bars within the audio which we key frames and cut up to ensure we could fit clips in between a beat.