One of the new main skills that I learned was how to use photoshop in order to add effects and filters in my video, this gave me a wider and more creative range of options than I did on premiere for I was able to add multiple filters making my video have more visual appeal and meaning through the filters I decided to add. This really helped propel the representation of our narrative giving it a more edgy vibe with the use a a special black and white filter.
On Premiere Lenny had taught us how to make use of adjustment layers, these are incredibly useful for instead of adding colour correction or effects to one clip at a time we can add an adjustment layer with those aspects on the layer above the sequence we want and it would put those effects to all of them at once, this made the editing process go much faster as we were able to do colour editing to multple clips all at once.
What went well:
- The photoshop filter gave our narrative better mise-en-scene and representation of our narrative storyline.
- Adjustment layers helped for fast and more efficient editing.
- The overall colour of our video has improved and looks more fitting for our video.
Even better if:
- Made use of more effects within the adjustment layer to add more visual effects in the video.
- With the photoshop filters, tone them down a bit for in some shots visuals are obstructed by the filter.