Reflection On Genre Analysis –
- There are clear similarities between the conventional characters with similar conventions such as the villains, sidekicks and wise older characters.
- There are clear similarities between the conventional conflicts and themes such as the characters journey and a clear divide between good and evil.
- There are clear similarities between the conventional events and scenes such as chase and battle scenes, ending with the main characters sacrifice.
- There are clear similarities between the conventional props and objects such as swords, armour and magic, with conventional props like a mystical tree.
- There are clear similarities between the conventional story, such as the main character taking upon a quest in where they are victorious.
- There are clear differences between the conventional characters such as the wise character being a role model for the character, as the faun is not a good influence.
- There are clear differences between the conventional conflicts and themes such as Ofilia not self-discovering her destiny more is told by the faun.
- There are clear differences between the conventional events and scenes such as the audience not expecting the ending, or how it happens.
- There are clear differences between the conventional iconography such as saws in which the professor uses to amputate a leg, as you don’t expect it
- There are clear differences between the conventional storylines such as the main character completely dying and not be resurrected.
Pans also includes themes and archetypes drawn from the war genre. Such as the battle & war scenes to outline the surroundings these character are in.
My Genre Poster:-
In this poster, there is a spy character sneaking up to a guard outside a bar at night (as shown by the lamp post in the corner. This fits the stereotypes of most spy movies as the spy is slick and very precise in his movements and attacks. The security guard is there to show that the building is a guarded place. Most of the places the spies try to get in to are heavily guarded. There is also a man in a suit with a gun looking as if he is ready to shoot. We decided to draw it in this way because this is a scene which would happen in a generic spy movie, and would be something that you would see in these movies.
This follows the conventions and similarities/differences of spy movies as it follows the similarities of the main character wearing a suit and being very professional, however this can change as not every spy movie is like this. It also follows the locations and scenes with it happening at night with the spy sneaking up to someone which is standard in most spy movies, however some spy movies don’t have any stealth and just have action, so it is not something in every spy movie
My Favourite Film:-
This is my favourite film because it is one of the strongest performances I have seen from DiCaprio and he plays this crazy character well. This is also my Favourite film because of the writing, and Scorsese lets you into the lifestyle that this man has.