What you will find below, is the mission statement marking the start of the research for our groups Digipak, which we have compiled using our perfect audiences ideology to note the conventions that we should be keeping in mind when producing this next piece of media.
- Who they are (demographics) – Our demographic is 15-25 year old. Primarily Male gender, often described as Millennial
- What other media they consume and participate in. – They would be interested in things such as chat shows, real TV shows such as 24 hours in A&E
- What their values attitudes and beliefs (ideology / psycho graphics) – They have got a very relaxed view on life, taking life as it comes. They also seem to have a hint of political interests.
- How do you want the audience to engage with your star / album – We want the audience to engage with our star by making him seem as ordinary as possible, whilst still seeming extraordinary and people still wanting to watch him. As well as this through the use of social media.
- How will they invest time and money in your star / album – Buy buying merchandise, records, tours, shows. As well as this viewing YouTube and Magazine articles.
- Name three similar bands / artists. – Arctic Monkeys, The Beatles, Queen.
- What are the trends in album designs of similar stars / bands? – The majority of the albums design have a bright and prominent center point of focus, which automatically catches the viewers. Conventionally it is a darker background with lighter and brighter colours also present.
- What does their website look like? – Their website is very unconventional and is reminiscent of a 80’s computer game interface.
- Is your star already established or are trying to establish a new presence in the market? – I would say that our star is already established within their genre, but maybe not so well around other genres.
- What is your star image & how are you trying to innovate / develop that image?
- Our star image is trying to convey a very clean cut, ordinary man, that is trying to relate to a lot of their target demographics struggles in everyday life, whilst trying to prove that he is no different.
- Are you mixing up elements of different genres? I believe that that we have merged the two genres of Indie-Pop as well as Indie-Rock.
- Are you trying to re-brand your star? I think that we are trying to re-brand the stars image, whilst at the same time trying to keep his music the same.
- Are you emphasising the ordinary or extraordinary? I believe that we are trying to emphasise that he is ordinary, but still trying to make it obvious that he is extraordinary in the sense of his music
The Undefined is a readily acclaimed group of musicians, merging both indie pop and indie/alt rock genres, covering the topic of the star writing about relatable struggles that he once faced at the age of his target demographic. The Undefined’s Music can be used as a way for people to express themselves. The new album ‘Reignite’ which includes the song ‘Find Yourself’ has already got the fans going crazy, with a new sneak peak having just been released.