Below are the adverts that I am going to use for my magazine on the two blank pages. I have chosen the blur poster as it fits my music genre well, being indie pop, Blur is a staple britpop indie band, it also fits very well to the design of my contents page, both sporting a minimalist style with bright colors. The Dr. Martens on the other hand are a very recognizable brand, especially in the indie fashion scene, being seen as very rebellious and anti-mainstream. This magazines also fit well with my ‘dating’ demographic that I made, as the profile would find both of the adverts appealing to them. I even stated in my dating profile that he mostly wore Dr. Martens boots.
This is my final draft to my magazine.
Please click to see the PDF version
Below is the teacher screencastify response to my first final draft.
- Align ‘Tour Review’
- Add more detail about ‘bluebell’?
- Add Graphic illustration
- Match Font Size
- Grammar Changes
- Add two more content page ‘nodes’
- Add more detail about ‘skat’
- Change layout
- Add more colour
- Make Image of fran bigger
My Success Criteria for my next draft is as follows
- Make general SPAG corrections
- Format Certain text so they are a consistent size and align in certain areas
- Add detail to both my front cover and my contents page
- Add more color and correct the layout of the DPS.
Please click to see a PDF version
This is my current draft of my contents page. I had gone for a London Underground design almost, with the route being the magazine contents.
- Whole ‘London underground’ design
- Pictures of artists featured in the magazine with captions
- Page numbers and whats featured in them
- Add page numbers
- Make the image bigger
- Add more information to what the pages are about.
- Add catchy captions
Before I create my own contents page, I need to think about some general layouts for a contents page
Contents pages are used to direct the user for certain content, by using a content page, the reader can flip to any page they want, and know what it is about. They are used to hook, entice, intrigue and inform the reader.
Here are the conventions of a Contents Page :
- Page Numbers
- Photographs as well as graphic illustrations
- Editors Hello
- Catchy Captions.
Teacher Feedback :
Mrs Cobb : Make the masthead larger and the image of Fran larger, also use the empty space on the right where the squares are
Etienne said he really liked the overall design, especially the font, although he thought the image was too small
- Make the image of Fran Larger
- Make the name of the artist larger
- move around my format so there is less empty space taken up.
Seen above is my first draft of my Double Page Spread, I like this first draft so far although I feel like the placement of some textboxes could be moved. I also think that the words shouldn’t be split on two separate lines.
Below is my final draft for my article.
Please note that this draft is almost identical to my previous draft due to me only having to change a few grammatical errors
My next target is to make the article flow better.