This is my montage of a typical school day.
What I liked:
- Most edits seemed appropriate in terms of timing and appearance
- Scenes were edited chronologically so it made sense
- I had saved time by filming in nearby locations first so I wasn’t doing unnecessary walking around
What could have been better:
- Music is okay but doesn’t feel too appropriate for a school day
- Shots were sometimes out of focus or tripod was slipping
- Organisation could have been improved
In preparation for my music video, I have learn’t to shoot scenes when available and edit them into order. I found it was also incredibly useful to leave the camera rolling in the case when I need to do a retake of the scene as it cuts down on the number of files and generally makes editing much easier to do.