We have worked really hard on the first draft of our website, and feel that it is progressing well. Below I have inserted the self assessment document. We are currently working on adding more to our site for draft 2 to improve on our already pleasing user experience and overall website.
This is draft 2 of our website, we have made a variety of changes since last time and with the help of the teacher feedback we have received we are now close to completing this product.
Feedback from Teacher
- She has highlighted that the main cover image is very architectural and doesn’t quite fit the genre or our star.
- Commenting on the layout she has said that the navigation works well.
- There is a blank section in this draft, she has suggested the inclusion of some articles in here, to finish the page.
- she has said that the basic structure and colour scheme work well
- We are yet too insert our video, however this will be locked in one of the available video blocs which we have within the site.
- She has seen the store works well, and is happy with the current selection of products.
Targets for improvement
- Additionally we need to include our music video draft 5 and current Digipak into the site, however we currently have plenty of space to do this.
- We need to incorporate some more fitting imagery, including the top banner image and throughout the pages.
- Using the colour palette and imagery from the music video, we hope to create more of a star image within the site, this could include more representation of the rose flower and star imagery.
- Discography is something we are needing to include as a current we have a mature of professional and home made album covers on display within the site.
Below I have embedded our Flow Chart and our chosen Preferred Template that we are going to use to help build our website.
Below is a screen castify where we have analysed the Mahalia website. This task enabled us to understand what is expected and conventional of both a website and this Genre.