Adverts I Have Used
I have picked 2 adverts that would be suitable to use in my magazine and that go with the rap genre and can appeal to my target audience. I have chosen these specific adverts as I feel they will best attract my audience as they are showing flashy belongings such as cars and sneaker which is the vibe to go along with the rest of my magazine.
these adverts links with what my target audience is attracted to. Using my dating profile, I have picked out that most of my audience are attracted and influenced by rappers and what they are into, therefore, having a sneaker and car advert in my magazine would really gain buyers and readers.
Screencastify & Magazine Draft
Overview & Transferable skills
So far I am happy with the progress I have made in my magazine. I have drafted my magazine pages and each page is linking together well. The pages are linking between the double-page spread and contents page. Furthermore using a colour scheme and using a simple colour palette and choice of fonts have also helped me portray the genre of rap. I have also portrayed the genre through the choice of images, layout and headlines. However, I still have improvements to make throughout my pages.
- Design Skills – The skills I have learnt on InDesign and Photoshop have helped make my magazine more interesting with a greater range of graphic design and ideas. I will also be able to use these skills on other posts in the future.
- Organisation – Being able to keep on top of the workload and making sure I spend my time wisely and not just on one part of the magazine. This helps me complete my work at the right time.
- Communication – I have spoken to my peers and got advice and improvements I need to make. By sharing our ideas and skills we have learnt this has built a greater image of how I can adapt my magazine.
Design Skills Slideshow
This slideshow highlights the tools and techniques I have used during the creation process for my music magazine. I feel that I have learned a lot about both InDesign and Photoshop and therefore I am confident in my ability to create and edit images in the future
My Improved Contents Page
This is my new and improved second draft for my music magazine contents page. I have asked some questions to a peer as to get an outsider assessment.
- How does the contents page work in tandem with the front cover?
Used the same colours such as black and white and portrayed a professional design.
- Is the font/typeface consistent with the front cover?
The contents page follows a similar layout and uses the same typefaces in both pages.
- What genre of music is the contents page featuring?
It is featuring rap as it is grungy and stylish.
- Describe the images of the stars using adjectives.
Confident, trendy and stylish.
- Which cover-lines tempt the audience to read on and which ones stand out and why?
The text is inflated substantially more than the description with clear page numbers beside it.
- How do the cover-lines reflect a music magazine?
They reflect a music magazine with gossip and the latest news on the stars.
- Which areas, aspects have distracting areas of integration of copy and images?
The cover star is on one side and the text is on the other which gives a clear contrast between the two.
- What aspects do you consider conventional or unconventional?
The professional font is conventional however, the image can challenge the genre as it is the latter.