Above is a screen castify our teacher made, to provide us with feedback on draft 2 of our music video.
Here is a summary of the feedback she gave us:
- Check the footage at the start of the video as it’s blurry and grainy.
- Be consistent with the filters on the studio shots throughout the video.
- Good jump cuts.
- Zoom in on the shadows with the chain clip. Cut between the two angles.
- Use scale and position to move the performance shots so our performer isn’t central all the time.
- Only use narrative over the “Welcome to the, welcome to the” lyrics.
- Don’t use thee same shot twice – edit it so it appears different – eg. flip it.
- On the line “see them too” where Min is performing, perhaps try her looking at herself.
- Remove the dark clip in the wall.
- Add pace to the edit on the beats when she is banging on the wall.
- Good editing to the beat.