Immediately after Christmas we will start towards your textual analysis essay, which is worth 35% (SL) or 30% (HL).
You must submit:
- A textual analysis (1,750 words max)
- A list of all sources used
The details of this assessment are.
- Textual analysis of a film extract no more than 5 minutes.
- Students consider the cultural context and a variety of film elements.
- The sequence you analyze will come from a list of films, which are prescribed by IB and which cannot be released until a month prior to the final deadline.
Dates and Deadlines
- We will be viewing the films on Tuesday January 18th
- The final deadline is Friday 18th February
Prior to the January 18th we will be doing a recap of textual analysis
The micro features:
The macro features:
We will be using the following film, This is England by Shane Meadows.
You must watch this film in it’s entirety before we start to study it next term.
There is a DVD copy in the library or you can watch it here: